Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another Night At The Opera. This Time LA Opera

Part of the problem that I face with my growing interest in opera is that I can never go see opera performed live.  The touring season always coincides with the opera season so I usually have to be content with the few cinemopera broadcasts I can attend.  Thankfully during our three week layoff in Los Angeles, the LA Opera had a production running that I was able to go see.






Thankfully I was able to see The Turn of the Screw.  While I am fine with seeing light frothy operas, I am really more interested in the dark, disturbing ones.  The Turn of the Screw fit into that later category quite nicely!


It was also fun to be in the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion which hosted the Academy Awards for many years.








No comments: