Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving gathering was booked at a somewhat fancy resort hotel in Tucson. For those who wanted to participate there were various spa and sporting activities that everyone could sign up to do. Me I was not so much into either of those options which is why I opted to go to Saguaro National Park in the morning and then join the group once the drinking and eating portion of Thanksgiving was about to commence.



El Conquistador was definitely a step above where we were staying.


The meal started with a short presentation by the Chips (and Sheffield's sister).


The meal itself was delicious!



I mean there was even an ice sculpture of a turkey!






When I first walked to the theatre in Tucson I noticed right away that Alegria was playing at the arena during our run in there. Since it is one of the Cirque du Soleil shows that I kept crossing paths with but had never gotten a chance to see, I immediately got on my phone and checked their schedule. It turns out that they had a performance on Thanksgiving so I ate and drank my fill, and then treated myself to a Cirque show!



I of course wanted a nice picture of the arena, but it is not such an interesting building. Alas!

No comments: