Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wilmington, meh!

When I spent my nine weeks in Atlantic City playing The Wedding Singer, I briefly contemplated taking a road trip to Wilmington, Delaware. Wilmington was not such a long drive from Atlantic City, and I had never been Delaware before. When I looked into what there was to do there, though, I gave up on the idea. Well having spent a week there with Wizard of Oz, I am glad I did not make the drive.

As I was looking through my pictures for this blog entry, I discovered that I only had a couple of pictures which were not of the venue. That may be a first for a week long sit. The only adventure I had in Wilmington was to walk to what I thought was a Chase Bank. (It turned out to be a Chase Bank office building not a branch) The silver lining to having nothing to do was the fact that I went to the gym every day.


The DuPont Theatre is a historic old theatre or in other words, a theater with a tight cramped stage and backstage area. The entrance to the pit is a hole in the wall that may be 4 feet high, but no bigger. Thankfully the house had some interesting elements.



Not so sure that I love the sky. It reminds me too much of how my room in Nappanee was originally painted. If you saw it, you know what I mean!





This is one of the few other pictures that I took in Wilmington. It is the Opera House. The reason that I took it was it reminded me of the Apollo Theatre in London. And that is all folks on to Hershey!

No comments: