Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lexington

I knew nothing about Lexington when we drove in, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Though not on the same level as Bloomington or Madison, Lexington turns out to be a fun college town. We played at the Lexington Opera House which is in the Downtown area. The Opera House is one of the smallest venues that we will most likely end up playing this year, but that meant we had full houses for the weekend.



My favorite part of the Opera House was the room downstairs in which they fed us between shows. Hanging on the walls were a bunch of posters from shows which have played there over the years. Unlike most theatres though, some of these posters date back quite a few years. My favorite one is below.


On The Twentieth Century is on my list of shows I really want to play at some point in my career.

This chandelier hung in the lobby. The reason that I took a picture of it is that I felt it could be better served hanging elsewhere...

like from the ceiling of the theatre where there is just a big empty hole!




I did like the theatre though. I may be a little bit plain, but I really enjoy these European style Opera Houses.


No comments: