Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicago Birthday 2010

I tend to be a creature of habit, and one of my favorite recurring habits involves my birthday. For most of the past several years, I have treated myself to a trip to Chicago for my birthday. Since my birthday happens so close to the 4th of July, I am able to not only give myself the present of food at The Taste of Chicago I can also give myself the present of Broadway with the annual Broadway in Chicago Preview Concert at the Petrillo Bandshell. This year I was able to get a very cool hotel room for very cheap price using Hotwire.com, and I also got a very cheap ticket to see the Chicago production of Billy Elliot. All of this and more helped to make up for the fact that when I got on the treadmill at the hotel gym and the default age of 35 came up on the display I just pushed okay. Oh well I had two great days in Chicago!















No comments: