Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Madison Again? Sure Why Not.

On an earlier tour schedule for Wizard of Oz, we were supposed to go from Rochester to Toronto and Milwaukee for a split week. Well that always struck me as being really strange. Why would a presenter in Toronto book a show like ours for the first half of a week. I mean even just a weekend would be weird, but the beginning of the week?! So I was not surprised when the booking fell through. Thankfully we ended up with the former Toronto days free as they were not able to find a replacement booking. Our company manager decided that since we needed to be close to Milwaukee he would book us a hotel in Madison for the days off. Some people were less than thrilled about this choice, but I was all for it. I enjoyed my previous visit to Madison as much as possible, but it was freezing cold. The beginning of June was being the perfect time of year to visit Madison.

Sadly our hotel ended up being 5 miles away from the downtown and campus area of Madison, but we had rental cars! I even walked from the hotel to downtown one day. The weather was beautiful so I figured why not!


Wisconsin Capital Building with fountain


For those who do not know the geography of Madison it is also called The City of 4 Lakes. Above is Lake Mendota and below is Lake Menona.


As for my activities in Madison, I did not end up going crazy. Aside from walking around downtown and the University of Wisconsin campus, the most exciting thing I did was to return to Das Essen Haus!


Mmm beer and pretzels. Sehr gut!

No comments: