Monday, December 6, 2010

Nashville

While Nashville is not my favorite city it does have some things going for it: decent restaurants, a bunch of clubs with live music (if you are into that), some interesting architecture, and most importantly a Flying Saucer. Unlike on The Wizard of Oz, we actually stayed downtown for our Beauty and the Beast run so I got to explore more of the city than I did on my previous visit. Well when I say explore, I really mean walk around in the 100 degree weather and try to keep from having a heat stroke!


Tennessee State Capital


"In 1884 the Democrats were split..."

There were quite a few sculptures around downtown Nashville. Most of them were government or military subjects.





Most of them!





Ryman Auditorium at night.


Chihuly is very popular these days. There was a small exhibit at the Frist Museum of Art which is itself a small art museum. The exhibit had some cool pieces, but even better than that was the video they played showing the Chihuly workshop and how some of his pieces are made.

I had a good week in Nashville. Koz came out again to do his musical supervising thing, and he actually came to the pit to give us his approval. I also got to do some fun activities, and we had a few guests from previous tours pay us a visit: Cimma, Max, Ben, and Mark. I got to see Toy Story 3 on opening day. Also did I mention The Flying Saucer? Sadly my visit was a bit tainted on two occasions though. They actually ran out of their soft pretzels! And now for those who have never had them it may be hard to grasp what a tragedy that is, but trust me when I say that they are 90% of the reason that I love The Flying Saucer!

No comments: