Friday, January 2, 2009

Finishing Up in DC

Here are a few more activities and thoughts to wrap up my adventure in Washington DC. The National Theatre pictured below happens to be a decently sized theatre that is just around the block from the Warner where we played. It is where Roger and I saw Whistle Down the Wind back in college, and it also happens to be the ugliest theatre I have ever been inside. The house is painted aquamarine. It truly has to be seen to be believed, but if you see it make sure that you bring some anti-nausea medication. You'll need it!


The new Broadway revival of West Side Story was in rehearsal for their out of town tryout while we were in DC. I am really interested in seeing it since I have never seen a big West Side production. Also West Side Story is one of the more painful memories that I have of working at the Round Barn, and I would like to counteract that with a good memory!


I also went to the Hirshhorn Museum one day. I have been to the Hirshhorn before, and I was glad because a significant amount of the limited exhibition space was closed off. Oh well thank goodness for the National Gallery!


Giacometti at the Hirshhorn



Look familiar?





After visiting the Hirshhorn, I popped my head into the Air and Space Museum. I seem to remember this being the most difficult museum to get into when I was here on my band trip. Sadly now it is in need of a freshening up. I should have just gone to the American History Museum. Oh well!



This construction was just in front of the White House. It was neat to see something specific to the upcoming inauguration as I will be nowhere near DC on that day. Hopefully I will get to watch the coverage on a TV in whatever city we will be in.



"Don't even think about sitting here!"


So aside from the show itself, I had a most successful week, and I haven't even told you about meeting up with a college friend and a Wedding Singer friend. (I'm sure that you are already bored at this point!) So we left DC and headed to...where?!!?!?!

No comments: